The Eco-friendly Smart Ship Parts Technology Innovation Center(EPIC) is a research institute selected by the 2020 Regional Leading Research Center(RLRC) project, hosted by Pusan National University and joined by the Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST) as a joint research institute.
Due to environmental regulations on ships and the advent of the 4th industrial revolution era, materials, parts, and equipment-related technologies for eco-friendly smart ships are facing a paradigm shift period, providing new challenges and opportunities.
The center tries to focus on regional innovation capabilities so that it can develop into a global ‘small but strong’ companies by developing the world's first and best parts with 15 small and medium-sized enterprises in Busan, Ulsan, and Gyeongsangnam-do.
- Project name : 2020 Regional Leading Research Center(Busan/Ulsan/Gyeongnam area, eco-friendly smart ship) - Eco-friendly smart ship Parts technology Innovation Center
- Center Director : KIM, Kyung Chun
- Participating Departments : Hosted by School of Mechanical Engineering PNU, Observed by UNIST
- Project Period: From July 1, 2020 to February 28, 2027
- Project Budget : KRW 16.3 billion (including government, local government, and private sector)